- Center for Urban Education Ministries
- Church Relations
- Inspire Projects
Young adults today are being led by faith to respond to significant human care needs in their community. They are an untapped source for inspired solutions and leadership. Their projects often need a “burst” of support and guidance to get off the ground – that’s what the Burst Project grants are all about.
Burst Project grants are one-time grants of up to $5,000 for a human care ministry project designed and led by young adult leaders in the Lutheran community. In addition to the grant, participants will:
- Receive professional consultation and feedback from Wheat Ridge staff to assist in implementing an innovative and feasible project.
- Be connected with a ministry mentor, when possible, to help guide the project.
- Participate in a gathering of other Burst Project leaders, hosted by Wheat Ridge.
- Be promoted within the Wheat Ridge community.
If you have an idea for a project and are interested in applying for a Burst Grant, you are encouraged to review these Starting Smart Questions before you apply to discuss the plans for your project with your group, mentors, and anyone who will be helping with your project.
Young adults between the ages of 20-35 can apply for a Burst Project grant by emailing a completed application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of proposals is ongoing, with approved grants awarded quarterly.
Do you know a young adult we should invite to apply? Please complete the Referral Form and email it to email@example.com.