- Center for Urban Education Ministries
- Church Relations
- Inspire Projects
“I have given you every plant with seeds on the face of the earth and every tree that has fruit with seeds. This will be your food.” Genesis 1:29
Nearly 150 congregations, schools, and individuals have supported the Giving Gardens project with $84,000 raised in the last two years. This has purchased over 35,700 seed packets which have been distributed in Haiti, Central America, and Africa. Learn more in this short video
How much difference can a seed make? The garden seeds and training funded through Giving Gardens can dramatically improve the life of a child and her family.
Every $500 donated to Giving Gardens supports:
- Garden seed packets and training that can produce nutritious vegetables and fruits, transforming sick and malnourished children into healthy and energetic boys and girls.
- Surplus food sold to purchase other kinds of food, clothing, medicine, and education.
- Seeds from the produce will be collected and used for the next season’s crop.
- Seeds of faith planted in young people through special garden schools, similar to vacation Bible school, taught by trained teachers and missionaries.
Thanks to the students and teachers at Concordia Lutheran School, Conover, North Carolina, for their support of the Giving Gardens Project and check out this great video they developed. Great job everyone!
How much difference can YOU make? We invite you to “plant” a Giving Garden with your school, Vacation Bible School, Sunday School, small group, etc., and find out! The gifts you “harvest” support the distribution of climate and cultural appropriate seeds and training in Africa, Haiti and other countries around the world. Perhaps the most important gift you are giving is the seed of faith being planted and nurtured through the work of teachers and missionaries.
Thank you for what you do to care for God’s children throughout the world!
Special thanks to Sheryl Duff, Wheaton, Illinois, for her wonderful work in developing the materials for the Giving Gardens Project!
The Giving Gardens Project is a collaboration with Hope Seeds, Inc., Bradenton, Florida. Hope Seeds is a Christian, charitable organization which provides seeds and agricultural support to missionaries and mission teams throughout the world. It is the goal of Hope Seeds that no person on earth should be hungry for lack of seed.